USEFUL TIPS & SAFETY INFORMATION
- Make sure you are fully familiar with your departure point for Waverley. If in doubt visit the departure point information page on our website which gives the Postcode and other information.
- You should be at the departure point 10 minutes before sailing time on the outward and return journeys.
- You can use Debit and Credit Cards aboard the ship – except AMEX. The catering outlets are unable accept Credit Cards, however cashback can be obtained from the Purser’s office on board at a charge of £2.00 per transaction.
- Remember, even in summer it may get chilly when sailing so bring along a sweater or jacket.
- Sensible footwear is advisable.
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat are advisable, cameras essential!
- Please listen for tannoy announcements: information relevant to your sailing, safety and onboard services will be relayed throughout the day by the Purser.
- There is a Souvenir Shop on board selling exclusive Waverley gifts and souvenirs, sweets, books, DVD’s and postcards which can even be posted on board!
- Please note that bags & clothing should not be left unattended on seats – the crew will remove these if necessary.
- Always keep your tickets safe and please have them ready for inspection when going ashore. On some sailings tickets will also be inspected as you board.
- Waverley has a toilet for the disabled. Passengers with restricted mobility are also requested to check access facilities at the respective port or pier of embarkation.
- You are welcome to bring packed lunches on board, however you are not permitted to eat these in the ship’s Dining Saloon.
- No alcohol can be carried aboard and we reserve the right to search bags at the gangway and any alcohol found will be removed. Waverley has two bars, drinks are served at the crew’s discretion to passengers of legal drinking age. The crew reserve the right to stop serving alcohol to any passenger who is or appears to be drunk.
- Smoking and vaping are not permitted inside, the designated area is outside on the promenade deck.
- Should you have any questions whilst on board then don’t hesitate to ask a member of crew who will be happy to help.
For your comfort and safety we would ask you to note the following:
- Please listen to the tannoy announcements made throughout the voyage and take note of the posters giving safety information that are on display throughout the ship.
- Please proceed with care when moving around the ship. Decks may be wet due to spray or effects of the weather and sea conditions may make the ship roll or pitch.
- Please supervise children and in doing so note the comfort of others. Do not allow them to run around the decks or climb on seats and under no circumstances allow them to climb the guardrails at the side of the ship.
- Please take care when moving onto or from stairways and over the step provided at doorways. Hold onto the handrail whilst going up or downstairs.
- Only consume alcohol in moderation. The ship’s captain has powers to refuse to embark passengers he judges to be intoxicated or to remove them from the ship.
- If you are disabled, have impaired mobility, are infirm, or for any other reason have difficulty in moving around the ship, please ask the purser or any other crew member for assistance.
- Please do not throw rubbish of any kind overboard.
If you have any observations or suggestions for safety aboard Waverley please write to: Director of Safety; Waverley Excursions Ltd; 36 Lancefield Quay; Glasgow G3 8HA.